Maine Kids Disc Golf Championship Series
Kids Disc Golf is excited to announce the Maine Kids Disc Golf Championship Series!
What you need to know
The Maine Kids Disc Golf Championship Series consists of two separate events that any junior aged player, 15 or younger, can participate in (you do not need to be a member of Kids Disc Golf to play in our individual series events), and a championship event. You must be a Kids Disc Golf Member to earn series points and compete in the Championship Event (as a KDG Member you must still register for each event). 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place will be awarded in each division at each of our series events! A points winner AND Championship Event winner will be crowned at our Maine Kids Disc Golf Championship in each division.. Each event will be PDGA and NEFA sanctioned. (See more info below)
Series events - Details
- Any junior aged player, 15 or younger, can compete in any of the series events/tournaments without qualifying or being a Kids Disc Golf member.
- Membership is suggested so that a player can earn series points and other major benefits!
- 3 Series Events/Tournaments
- 1 Series Championship Event
- Must be a KDG Member, qualify, and be invited (see below for more information)
- 27 Holes Per Tournament (including the Championship Event)
- First round - 18 holes
- Final 9 holes after first round
- PDGA C-Tier Sanctioned
- NEFA Points Sanctioned
- Putting and accuracy games at each event
- Player packs for all divisions valued at more than the player's entry fee!
- Awards to top three finishers by division at each event
- Modified courses for junior players
- Streamlined check-in process
- Events will run for approx. 4.5 hours (Including short lunch break)
- Invitation only Championship event will run longer at about 6.5 hours.
- Offering the following Junior Divisions as listed by the PDGA
- Junior II* – 15 and Younger (during full calendar year)
- Junior III* – 12 and Younger (during full calendar year)
- Junior IV* – 10 and Younger (during full calendar year)
- Junior V* – 8 and Younger (during full calendar year)
- Junior VI* – 6 and Younger (during full calendar year)
How To compete in championship event
Step 1: Become a Kids Disc Golf Member.
Step 2: Register and play one of our series events.
Step 3: Receive invitation to play the Series Championship Event.
KIDS DISC GOLF MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- Player receives a KDG Member card and number
- Player's series points tracked
- Qualifies a player to participate in the Championship Event.
- Must complete at least one series event, as a KDG Member, to be invited to register.
- Exclusive, KDG Members only, clinic/meet and greet with 4x World Champion, Paul McBeth.
- September 4, 2017 (Labor Day)
- KDG Member shirt provided to new members.
- KDG Member disc provided to new members.
- Eligible to have entry to the PDGA Junior World Disc Golf Championship paid for by KDG.
- Must play in the Championship Event.
- Must have had at least 10 different players competing in your division throughout the series.
- Must be the series point winner at the end of the Championship Event.
- 10% off merchandise sold by Kids Disc Golf online and at events.
Once you become a member, be sure to register for one or many of our series events so that you can start collecting points and be eligible to play in the Championship Event!
Interested in seeing discussion related to this State Championship Series or maybe you have a question. Join this group and stay informed! Event listings are located in this group as well so that you can share an event with a friend or let your friends know that you'll be participating!